SellerCloud integrates with many carriers including the US
Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, and DHL., and more. Each carrier offers multiple
services, often with different label formats. With the label printer configuration, you can select the
label printer and the specific format for each service individually.
- Menu > Options > Carrier tab (e.g. USPS)
- Click Label Printer Configuration. Grid opens to configure service and packaging type with printer and label format.
- Select service from drop-down. Note: you need to select "Default" for the shipping service and package type in the first row and configure a printer as outlined below.
- Select packaging type. If no packaging type is selected, it will use the default packaging type which is set on the carrier tab.
- Click Add and a printer configuration window will pop open.
- Select the printer. If you selected a thermal printer, select the Thermal radio button. For all other printers select the Letter-Sized
PDF radio button.
- Select Label Format file type. More on file types below.
- Test-print a label. Click OK.
- Repeat process to add more services as needed.
- Click the OK button on the configuration window.
- When you're finished configuring the the carrier tab, save your settings.
There is an orientation setting to control the
orientation of thermal labels as it will print, either top to bottom or bottom
to top. This is especially important when using Doc tab labels for FedEx. On the FedEx tab,
enable "Use Doc Tab". Doc tab labels can come in different sizes,
with the doc tab in the front or back. Select a label size and type that you
are using from the drop down. Depending on the doc tab available, you may have
to configure the orientation of the label - top to bottom or bottom to top.
Integrate Label and Packing Slip - Printing the label and invoice on one letter-sized PDF
If you are printing labels on a laser printer, you have the
option of integrating the label and packing slip so that they print on letter
sized paper. Enable the setting Print
label/invoice on half page, located on the Invoice tab. Select a printer. This will print the label and invoice side by side
on one paper. Be sure that the same printer is configured in the carrier tab as the label printer.
Reference Order Information
Order Information can be referenced on the label using the
rubber stamps. For example, you can select to place the SKU on the label from
rubber stamp 1, the order number from rubber stamp 2, and the product description
from rubber stamp 3.
Understanding Label Formats
For USPS, the three file formats are EPL2, ZPL2, and PDF. EPL2 and
ZPL2 are formats that work specifically with thermal printers. You can also use the PDF format to print on a thermal printer. All formats will print out with slight differences in font and sharpness. Not all thermal printers are compatible with EPL.
printers, like laser printers, require a PDF format selection.