By default, vendors are part of the company settings, and therefore company specific. However, you can set up vendors in one company and make them available to all companies.
Please Note: Clients activated after mid November 2016, have their accounts set up to be client wide vendors by default.
There are 2 ways to have vendors available for all companies
- Client Wide Vendors
- Company Shared Vendors
Client Wide Vendors
This option will place all vendors in the default company. Anytime you click on a vendor reference link, you will be directed to the vendors page in the default company.
- Enable client setting Enable vendors to be Client Wide.
- If there are existing vendors in multiple companies, a temp action - Prep Vendors Client wide - will need to be run to merge them into the default company. This temp action can be executed by SellerCloud support. It should be executed before the client setting Enable vendors to be Client Wide is enabled. Products will lose their default vendor (Product Purchasing page). However, the vendor product will remain under the vendor.
Company Shared Vendors
- Enable client setting Share Vendors Across Companies.
- New vendors will be available in both companies. However, you will only be able to edit the vendor from the default company.
- To share existing vendors from the default company, open the vendors page in the secondary company. Select Sync Vendors from the action menu. Press Go.