Sales comparison reports compares sales performance of a current period to sales of a similar, earlier period.
There are two Sales Comparison Reports:
- Sales Comparison Summary
- Sales Comparison Detail
Sales Comparison Summary Report
This report compares sales performance based on totals of defined parameters.
The report is generated based on 4 parameters:
Comparison Type - As a comparison report, you would want to clearly see the differences in the intervals. Select "Percent" and/or "Dollars" to display the change report columns.
- Compare By - Sales are totaled for comparison based on the selected option. (e.g. selecting "Company" will compile and group sales data per company).
- Compare Interval - The sales totals are based on the selected a period of time. (e.g. selecting "Quarter" will total the sales data for the current quarter).
- Comparison Method - 2 comparison methods:
- YearOverYear - compares sales in that interval to an identical period in prior years. This option is available for any interval Selection
- QuarterOverQuarter/MonthOverMonth/WeekOverWeek - compares sales in the selected interval to an identical period. The available option will be based on the interval selection. (e.g. Interval = Month. Method = MonthOverMonth. Compares sales of current month to the immediate preceding month - April sales to March sales.)
- Intervals Back - Select how many prior intervals should be reported. (e.g. Interval = Month. Method = MonthOverMonth. Intervals back 3. Displays sales per month for the current month and the prior two months.
Sales Comparison Detail Report
This report compares the sales performance of products to their own performance in a similar, earlier period. The reports are generated based on the same parameters as Comparison Summary Reports above. It includes a filter for ProductID's.