Posting purchase orders in detail will post all PO information including new items, qty, vendor info and costs. Credit memos for POs will also export to QuickBooks in this module.
Note: An asset account entitled "Inventory" must exist in QuickBooks prior to posting. If it does not exist QuickBridge will return an error message.
Posting Purchase Orders To Quickbooks
- Make sure that QuickBooks is open and running on the same computer as QuickBridge.
- Select QuickBooks from the menu bar.
- Select Post Detailed Purchase Orders to QuickBooks.
- Select the appropriate dates and click the Get Purchase Orders button.
- The grid will populate with purchase orders that have not yet been exported to QuickBooks. Note: the Channel filter will only offer channel selections when there are orders from that channel in the specified date range.
- The PO Type column will specify the line item's type - PO or Credit Memo.
- Click on Post Purchases to QuickBooks and wait for confirmation. You're Done!
- The POs will be marked as "Exported" in SellerCloud to prevent them from exporting again. If you need to update an PO and repost, set the status to "Unexported". The PO will reappear in QuickBridge.
Where Purchase Orders Data is Placed in QuickBooks
- Vendors - New vendor accounts are created as POs are exported. Existing accounts are updated.
- Products and inventory - New products and their inventory quantities are entered into Items and Services. Existing products are updated.
- Account balance - Vendors accounts are updated to reflect outstanding balances. POs are created as a bill to be paid.
- Note: The inventory on all POs that are imported into Quickbooks are considered to be "Received". This is to ensure that SellerCloud will accurately manage inventory, with QuickBooks taking care of the accounting.
- Note: Purchase orders must have a cost value of greater than zero for every item in order to export to QuickBridge.