A wholesale customer may be treated
differently than a retail customer. Credit can be extended to the
customer and there may be per customer pricing as well. Sales tax is not collected from wholesale customers. All of this requires a configuration to customize SellerCloud uniquely for each wholesale customer.
- Open the Customer tab and
click Customers List. Select the wholesale customer and check
the Wholesale Customer box. Enable desired settings and save.Check the Allow
shipping unpaid orders box to enable shipping without payment.
- Credit Limit refers to the
amount of credit extended. Credit Term refers to the period of
time the credit is extended. For example, a customer may have a $5,000 credit over 30 days. Even if the customer uses only $2,500 in the 30 days he must still pay the balance before being issued credit again. At this point SellerCloud will not prevent an order from being shipped when exceeding the credit term. However, you can track the orders by opening the customers account and clicking on Orders in the side menu. If the customer went over the term, a link will appear where you can view those orders and manually prevent their shipping. See image below.
- When the payment term and credit is exceeded, you will not be able to create an order for this customer. This can be controlled, however, by the client setting Allow to create over Credit Limit WholeSale orders.
your credit limits by opening the settings tab and clicking on the
Payment and Credit Terms tab. Edit a payment term or click here to
create a new one. The payment term will be entered as an option in
all customer profiles.
- The exact cost of shipping can be passed on to the wholesale customer. When the settings below are enabled the actual cost of shipping the order to the wholesale customer will be applied onto the order as the shipping cost to be calculated in the total charge. This will only applied to a wholesale order.
- Enable the client setting Enable apply shipping charges to Order total.
- Enable the option Apply shipping charges to order total.
you can generate a wholesale order. Create a new order and check the Wholesale Orders box (you only need to check this box if the customer profile has not been configured). This will reserve the items in the order
even though payment was not yet received. It will also apply the
given Purchase Order number (the Order ID number) to the invoice for
- If the order will be paid in a foreign currency, you can select the currency and enter a conversion rate. Client setting Enable manual currency conversion rates must be enabled. Alternatively, you can create a seprate company for international orders.
- To print and include an order invoice in the shipment, select Print to PDF from the Action Menu.