Orders can be imported automatically from popular marketplaces as well as from many shopping carts. Each channel is a little bit different and requires its own method for order importing.
You can import orders from marketplaces that are not integrated with SellerCloud, or from a data base, by using the Order Import tool. Wholesale orders can be imported as well.
The instructions below detail how to use the standard SellerCloud import format. However, you can import formatted file by using the Order Import Mapping Tool.
- Navigate Orders > Import Orders.
- Select a Company
- Select Website from Channel dropdown menu.
- Select General Format from the Cart Type dropdown menu. Use this template even when importing wholesale orders.
- Download Sample. Always use this exact template and always in an xls or xlsx format.
- Populate required fields:
- OrderID - This ID will import as the OrderSourceOrderID. The system will assign a SellerCloud order ID.
- See attached sample. All other fields are optional but all column headers must remain on the template when importing.
- Multi-item orders - every line item should be inserted onto a separate row with all the required columns filled out out on each respective row.
- Save File.
- Select Website from Channel dropdown menu and General Format from the Cart Type dropdown menu.
- Choose the file and click Process Order.
- The orders will
come in as paid.
- If you don't fill out the price of the item being ordered, the plugin will pull the SitePrice from that product in SellerCloud. If site price is zero, the order will come in as Unpaid.
- Multi-item orders will import as one order (meaning, they will not be split into separate orders)
- The RushOrder column can hold either a "1" or a
"TRUE" to mark the order as rush. Anything else (or just leaving it
empty) will default the order to NOT rush.
- ShipFromWarehouseName would be the name of the warehouse that you want the inventory to be deducted
from. It's optional.
- If you don't fill
in ProductDescription, it will pull the product name from the SKU being
- If you don't fill
out ShipToEmail, SellerCloud will automatically generate an email as OrderSourceOrderID@sellercloud.com
- If you decide to
fill them out, ShippingCarrierRequested and ShippingMethodRequested must be
filled out exactly as how they are spelled on the dropdowns on the
"Ship Items" page (located from the action menu on each order).
Custom order plugins can be created using SellerCloud's Order API, and they can be set on a scheduler using Order Download via FTP. Using order plugins and the order API, files of any format can be processed and picked up from an FTP on a scheduler.