Typically, retailers purchase individual components from vendors and create kits from those components. However, you do not need to add each component to the purchase order individually. Kit parents can be added to purchase orders as a quick way of ordering the components. This can can be accomplished by splitting up the kit parent into individual components on the PO.
- Splitting up the components into individual items on the PO - With this option, you can add the kit parent to the PO. After saving the kit parent, the components will display in the grid.
- On the PO, check the box Auto Break Up Kit and save the PO. This can be checked by default by enabling client setting Breakup kit components when adding Kit Parent to PO.
Click Add Items on the PO.Search for the parent and select it.Add an order qty.Press the Add to PO button. You will be promoted to confirm that the kit parent should break up into it's components on the PO. Press Continue to Add to PO.After completing adding products, press Close Window. If there are multiple items in the kit, each one will display in the
grid with the order qty given to the parent. This means if you entered 10 , each
component will have an order qty. of 10. The order qty. can be modified
- Please Note: Independent Kits need client setting Breakup independent kit when adding Kit Parent to PO to be enabled in addition to the Auto Break Up Kit option.
If there is only one item in the kit with multiple quantity, like a
pack of 4, the component will display in the grid with the kit quantity. This means if you ordered 1 parent, the component will display with a quantity of 4.
Additionally, if the vendor sells the product as a kit, you can sell the
components of the kit as individual products within SellerCloud. By
creating the individual components as separate products within
SellerCloud, the inventory of the components will update when the kit is
received. This can be accomplished by calculating the components
quantity in the kit.
- Calculating the components' quantity in the kit - With this option, you can add the kit parent to the PO. It will save to the PO as the parent SKU. However, when receiving the the PO the inventory quantity of the components will update.
- Make sure checkbox Auto Break Up Kit is not selected. Default to Unchecked by disabling client setting Breakup kit components when adding Kit Parent to PO.
- Click Add Items on the PO.
- Search for the parent and select it.
- Add an order qty.
- Press the Add to PO button.
- After completing adding products, press Close Window.
- When receiving the PO a job will be created to calculate the inventory of the components. For example, if you ordered 5 of the parent which is a 4 pack, then the child component will receive a quantity of 20. This process will work for single products with multiple quantities in a kit and for multiple products in the kit.
To order the product by the case, but sell it individually only, read Case Qty on PO.