Amazon partners with LTL/FTL (Partial Truckload/Full Truckload) Carriers for deliveries above 150lb. These carriers will pick up and deliver your FBA Inbound Shipment at a deeply discounted rate that will be billed to Amazon's account. Amazon will pass the charge along to you as the "Inbound Transportation Charge" on the Settlement Report.
Managing LTL Shipments to Amazon
LTL Shipments need package labels and pallet labels to be accepted at the Amazon fulfillment center.
- Create the FBA Inbound Shipment. Follow through with the instructions here until the "Filling out Shipping Info" section.
- Select Manage Shipping Boxes from the action menu.
- Select Less than Truckload from the Shipping Type Dropdown.
- Press Update.
- Fill in the required info:
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
- Contact Fax
- Contact Phone
- Seller Freight Ready Date - The date the shipment will be ready for pickup by an Amazon Partnered LTL carrier. Since you need a Bill of Laden which may not be available from Amazon immediately, you should set the date to 1 or two business days in the future.
- Press Update.
- The next step is to satisfy Amazon's requirement to provide accurate box contents information on the packing slip.
- Make sure that client setting FBA Inbound Shipment Use Unique Label Request is not enabled.
- Select Manage Box Contents from the action menu. Press Go.
- Select a package.
- Enter the unit count for every SKU in each box. Enter the unit count for every SKU in each box. Add contents to all the boxes in the shipment. You can also import a file to upload contents.
- Depending on the box content selection that you selected at the beginning of the shipment (see here in the section entitle "All products continue here"), press the action to either:
Wait a few minutes to allow Amazon to process the info before continuing in SellerCloud.Select Print Box Labels from action menu. Press Go. Labels will be saved to PDF for printing and fixing to each box. Box contents will print on each label respectively.Press Add New Pallet.Add weight and dimensions include the pallet in the calculations. Make sure the correct UOM is selected.Add additional pallets. (Unlike on Seller Central, a separate row is needed for each pallet.) Check Copy Dimensions if applicable. Press Update.Select Request Shipping Estimate from action menu. Press Go.Select Get Shipping Estimate from action menu. Press Go.If your satisfied with the estimate select Confirm Shipping Estimate from action menu. Press Go.Select Print Pallet Labels from action menu. Labels will be saved to PDF for printing and fixing to each pallet.Repeat process for all shipments, or return for other shipment at a later time.Continue with marking the shipment as Shipped in SellerCloud. This will move inventory from the Ship From warehouse into the Interim warehouse. Marking the Shipment as Shipped in SellerCloud
- Save and Update Amazon - Sends an API call to Amazon with box contents. For example, it tells Amazon that Box 1 contains item ABC x 20. The box label (see below) identifies the box with its box number.
- Save and Download Feed - Downloads a file to be uploaded on Seller Central.
- Save and Download 2D BarCode. The barcode sticker should be placed on the package. Read more about 2D Barcodes in the attached PDF.
- Select Ship Boxes from action menu.
- Select a Ship From Warehouse and an Interim Warehouse.
- Select shipments you want to ship.
- Press the Ship Items button at the bottom of the page.