Note: Make sure you are enrolled in Fulfillment by Amazon before creating an FBA Inbound Shipment.
Note: Before creating an FBA Inbound Shipment please be sure that your SellerCloud account has been configured to allow for FBA Inbound Shipment optimally. Read more here.
Setting up Shipment
- Navigate Inventory > FBA Inbound Shipments
- Click Create New Shipment
- If you have multiple companies select the company from drop-down menu from which the inventory is being shipped
- The Description field will default to the date and time for future reference, but can be edited any descriptive term.
- Press Continue.
- Click on Add Items (on the lower right hand side of page)
- Enter a search term and press the Search button, which will bring up the selected product(s). By default, you may not be able to add Fulfilled by Merchant products There is a client setting to control this restriction.
- Select the item and quantity you want to add to the shipment. Quantity can be added later as well. Important Note: Kits must have an inventory dependency set to Independent. Read more about Kits and FBA here.
To add multiple items at one time, click on Show/Hide text box to paste SKU list, and paste multiple SKUs in the drop-down box.Click the Add Products button. Click the Finished, Close Window button.
- To require the product to have available inventory enable the client setting Enable Validate Inventory For FBA Inbound Shipments. When enabled, the shipment will not "Preview" if product has less inventory than what is being added to the shipment. Please note: Product must have inventory in a warehouse that has the option "Allow to use qty for FBA Shipments" enabled.
- Product must be from the same company as the company you are shipping from, otherwise you will get an "Unknown SKU" error message when previewing the shipment.
Preparing Package for Shipping
For products that has never been FBA shipped:
- Read how to prepare qty to ship here.
- Select Edit from the Action Menu and click GO.
- Select product.
- Select Get FNSKU from the action menu and click GO. This will only work if the product already has an FNSKU at Amazon. This process is much like retrieving an existing ASIN. Read more about getting the FNSKU.
- Select Revise Dimensions and Weight on Amazon and click Go. (Update Weight and Dimensions of the product by clicking on the box next to the product)
- Save shipment.
For items that need Prep Guidance
: (These are for items that have special packaging requirements, that if not met will cause Amazon to reject the shipment. If you are unsure if your items require prep it's recommended to follow through with the prep steps.)
Please Note: Currently, MWS does not support Item Prep Services. Item Prep Service is an Amazon service where, for a fee per item, Amazon will prep the item for you when the items are received at FBA. When creating a shipping plan through Seller Central, you can select on each product who should prep the item, Merchant or Amazon. If an item requiring prep is received at FBA unprepared and you did not inform Amazon to prep the item, you will be subject to Unplanned Prep Fees. Currently there is no API call to inform Amazon to prep the item. If you want Amazon to do the item prep, you would need to create the shipping plan in Seller Central and use the interface there to select Amazon as the preper. Then, you would import the shipment into SellerCloud for the actual shipping.
- Enable client setting Enable FBA Prep Guidance.
- Select Get Prepare Instructions from the action menu.
- The prep guidance and instructions will display next to the products in the grid. See image below.
Using Amazon Labeling Services.
Units that are not eligible for commingling must have a Unit label affixed onto each unit. After previewing the shipment (See Below) Amazon will inform your if and what type of label needs to be affixed on each item. You have the option of labeling your products yourself or, for a fee, request that Amazon label the products on your behalf. You must inform Amazon who will be labeling you items with the following steps:
- Log onto SellerCental.
- Navigate Settings icon > Fulfillment by Amazon > Optional Services.
- Click Edit to enable MWS Label Service and select a default labeling service.
- The default can be overridden on the FBA Inbound Shipment. Under the Label Prep Preference column select who label the products:
- Seller_Label - This notifies Amazon that you label them as required. If the item is not labeled you may be subject to unplanned label fees.
- Amazon_Label_Only - This instructs Amazon to label the products as necessary when they receive it at the Amazon Fulfillment Center. There are fees associated with this service.
- Amazon_Label_Preferred - This instructs Amazon to label products that you have not labeled. Fees will be applied as necessary.
All products continue here
- In the Box Content Source dropdown, select from one of the following options as the means by which you will inform Amazon of the box contents. Box Contents are generated later and are explained further down on this page.
Select Preview from the Action menu. Amazon will assign a temporary shipment ID. The temporary ID expires after 48 hours.
- None - enable you to download a box contents file to upload into Seller Central.
- Feed - enables an action to upload box contents directly from SellerCloud.
- 2D Barcode - Enables to download a 2d Barcode label containing box contents.
- The box content option selection can be defaulted. Client setting - Default FBA Shipment Content Source: " <dropdown>
Select Print Labels from Action menu, if needed, and click GO. See below for an explanation of Label types.Select Set Status to Working from Action menu and click GO.
- Product must have inventory in a warehouse that has the option "Allow to use qty for FBA Shipments" enabled. Otherwise inventory in that warehouse will not be able to be used and an error of no inventory available may be returned.
- If the product does not have the required values – FNSKU and Dimensions - an error message will appear stating that the preview failed. Click on the icon next to each individual item and update the Ship Weight and Shipping Dimensions. Re-select Preview from the action menu. See below how the page refreshes.
Important Note: you must set the status to "Working" within 48 hours of previewing the shipment. This is because the previewed shipment's temporary ID expires after 48 hours.
The shipping page should refresh with the with the following information:
- Shipment ID - The Amazon Shipment ID as determined by Amazon.
- Fulfillment Center - Amazon's Internal Code for the fulfillment center.
- Destination Address - The address of the fulfillment center.
- Package Name - The name you gave the package when you created the shipment.
- Status - The current step in the process of the FBA shipment. There are 6 different statuses:
Understanding Label Types
There are 4 different types of Labels
- Merchant Label - which means that you have to put a Product label onto the product.
- No Label - No label is required.
- Amazon Label - This label type will display if you have signed up under the MWS Label Service to have Amazon label the items.
- FC_Prep - means that the product requires extra handling time at FBA Fulfillment Center.
The Label types are determined by Amazon via the ASIN/FNSKU. Different label types will not be allowed to ship under the same Shipment ID. SellerCloud has no control over these policies.
Amazon might split a large quantity of a single product into multiple shipments that will be shipped to multiple FBA warehouses across the country. This is determined by how you set up your SellerCentral account. If you want to be able to ship to one warehouse only, you must first change your Inbound Settings from ‘Distributed Inventory Placement’ (which is the default setting) to ‘Inventory Placement Service’. Be aware that there is a fee for this option.
Note: When printing an FBA label on a Zebra printer, some tiny dots may print right near the barcode. If that happens, select the printer on your control panel and open Printer Preferences. Click on the Dither tab and set it to None.
Shipping Labels and Box Content
The following instructions are for shipping small packages to Amazon Fulfillment Center. Read how to ship LTL/FTL to Amazon here.
Amazon partners with UPS for small parcel deliveries up to 150lb. UPS will pick up and deliver your FBA Inbound Shipment at a deeply discounted rate that will be billed to Amazon's account. Amazon will pass the charge along to you as a "Inbound Transportation Charge. If you are shipping with a non-partnered carrier, reader here.
- Select Manage Shipping Boxes from the Action Menu. Press Go.
- Select a shipment from the dropdown.
- Add boxes to the shipment. Set their Weights and DIM.
The next step is to satisfy Amazon's new requirement (as of early 2016) to provide accurate box contents information on the packing slip. (Make sure that client setting FBA Inbound Shipment Use Unique Label Request is not enabled.)
- If you are sending each SKU in a separate box - meaning, all units of product x in one box - check the One SKU Per box only checkbox. A box will be automatically generated for each item in the shipment. You will not be able to add more boxes.
- Please Note: This option should not be confused with the similar sounding One SKU Per Box option on SellerCentral. That option is a box tag that lets Amazon know that there is only one item (single or multiple) in the box.
- Select Manage Box Contents from the action menu. Press Go.
- Select a package.
- Enter the unit count for every SKU in each box. Add contents to all the boxes in the shipment. You can also import a file to upload contents.
- Save and repeat for all boxes in the shipment.
- Select next shipment and repeat.
- Depending on the box content selection that you selected at the beginning of the shipment (see section above "All products continue here") , press the action to either:
Wait a few minutes to allow Amazon to process the info before continuing in SellerCloud.Go back to Manage Shipping Boxes page.Select package from drop down.Select Shipping type - Small Package.Click on Box ID and add dimensions.From the Action menu - select Request Shipping Estimate.Select Get Shipping Estimate.If you are satisfied with estimate, click Confirm Shipping Estimate. Otherwise click Void Estimate. (The Shipping Estimate process is broken up to allow Seller Central enough time to generate a valid label)Amazon will return a tracking number that will be automatically placed into the "Tracking Field" on the shipping box row.Select Print Shipping Labels from the action menu. A PDF will print Half label/Half packing slip. To void label, select Void Label on Action Menu. When voided, the tracking number will be deleted.
- Save and Upload to Amazon - Sends an API call to Amazon with box contents. For example, it tells Amazon that Box 1 contains item ABC x 20. The shipping label identifies the box with its box number.
- Save and Download Feed - Downloads a file to be uploaded on Seller Central.
- Save and Download 2D BarCode. The barcode sticker should be placed on the package. Read more about 2D Barcodes in the attached PDF.