Please note: this function currently works for UPS accounts only.
When shipping to wholesale customers, you can bill the shipping charges directly to the customer's account. This is separate for the regular per-channel 3rd-party billing
The following conditions must be met for the customer's account to be billed.
- The order must be marked as a wholesale order. This can be done by checking the Wholesale Order box at the top left when creating the order, or when importing orders under the Wholesale Channel.
- The customer must be a wholesale customer.
- The customer's default carrier must be used on the order. See below #6.
Follow these direction to set up Customer 3rd-party billing.
- Navigate Customers > press on customer in grid to open customer's General Information page.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the appropriate carrier (currently applicable for UPS only)
- Enter the customer's account number (and meter number if applicable).
- Check the Enable Customer Shipping Account option and save.
- On the side-menu open the Preferences page.
- Select a default shipping carrier for this customer. The customers account will only be billed when the when the shipping carrier on the order matches the default carrier set here.