Inventory and pricing changes are updated automatically and regularly. Only products that have inventory and pricing values different from what is on the Shopify active listing are included in the automatic feed.
The automatic controls can be enabled/disabled on the Website General settings page (Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.)
To manually update inventory and price:
- Individual product - Website Properties page > Select Update Inventory or Update Price from the action menu.
- Multiple products - Manage Inventory Page > Update Inventory on Channel or Update Price on Channel. Press Go. On the following page select Website and press Continue.
- The product must be "Website Enabled" on the Website properties page for the available inventory to upload. Otherwise, an inventory of zero will upload for that product.
- If the product was added directly through the Shopify, make sure the "Track Inventory" is selected in the Inventory Policy dropdown on the product in Shopify. (This will be done automatically when posting the product through SellerCloud.)
- With Matrix products, the parent and all variation children need to be "Website Enabled". Bulk update with column header WebEnabled. Expected values are True or False.
- If product has a List Price, then SellerCloud will send that together with the Site Price/SalePRice to show a comparison on Shopify.
The WebsiteProductIDVariantID is a required field to sync a product with Shopify. Updating inventory/price can only be done if the product has a Website Variant ID in SellerCloud. The Variant ID is stored and can be viewed in the "Exported Website Product Variant ID" field on the Website properties page.
You can retrieve the Variant ID in 2 ways:
You can also update the WebsiteProductID field useing the value in the WebsiteProductID column in the dowloaded file. This attribute is the listing ID and will enable the link to view the listing from SellerCloud.
- Simply post a new product to Shopify. The Website Product ID Variant ID will be retrieved automatically and display on the page.
- On the Shopify Setting page, open the action menu and press Download Listings. This will export a file of all current listings with their variant IDs. Use the Bulk update tool to update products with the column headers ProductID and WebsiteProductIDVariantID. Be sure to use the value in the WebsiteProductIDVariantID column in the downloaded file, not the value in the Variant_product_id column.