Opencart is a free open source shopping cart from which you can build an online store. Opencart has the standard functionality of an out-of-the-box webstore, but can be greatly customized through third party extensions. While the basic platform is free, extensions may need to be purchased.
SellerCloud integrates with Opencart via FTP supplied by the client. SellerCloud will upload new product, inventory and tracking documents, and download orders from the FTP. PHP plugin should be deployed by client's web developer or by SellerCloud Support.
Two plugins are needed to integrate with Open Cart - DLL and PHP.
- Place DLL plugin on the clients server.
- Obtain FTP credentials from client.
- Place PHP plugin on the FTP connected to the clients website. Deploy instructions are provided in the zipfile. See also instruction link for Opencart on Plugins webpage.
- Navigate company Settings > Toolbox > Custom Settings.
- Enable client setting Enable Custom Company Settings.
- Create a Company Custom Setting “OpenCart_DontUploadPrice”. When OpenCart_DontUploadPrice = 1 or True, price will not be updated. When OpenCart_DontUploadPrice = 0 or false, price will be updated via INV-PRICE job.
- Navigate Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.
- From the Store Type drop down menu select Custom. This will reveal a Store Plugin drop down.
- Select the Opencart plugin from the drop down.
- Save your Settings.You can come back later to turn on the automatic feeds and set defaults.
- Go back to the ToolBox > Website
- Select SellerCloud Plug-In Website. Click on it and select Website Cart General from the sub-menu. The Open Cart plugin will be selected in the dropdown.
- Enter the Website URL.
- Enter Admin Credentials in the Username and Password fields. These credentials can be created solely for these fields. They do not need to reference admin credentials on Opencart.
- Navigate back to Navigate Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Website > SellerCloud Plug-In Website.
- Select Website Cart Categories from the sub menu. The Open Cart plugin should be auto selected in the drop down.
- Press the Re-Download Categories hyperlink and the categories should display on the page and also on each product's Website Properties page. Read here on how to manage website categories.
- Navigate back to Company Settings > Toolbox > Website > General.
- Set default values if applicable.
- Enable Allow Order Download limit if there are existing shipped orders in Opencart. Select an order limit date.
- Enable Allow Order Downloads and Allow Tracking Upload.
- Enable Allow New Product Upload to post new products.
- Enable Allow Inventory Upload when you are ready to have SellerCloud control inventory on Opencart.
- Please Note: The product must be "Website Enabled" on the Website properties page for the available inventory to upload. Otherwise, an inventory of zero will upload for that product. Bulk update with column header WebEnabled. Expected values are True or False.