Bigcommerce is one of the most popular shopping cart website platforms. You can sign up for a Bigcommerce account here. SellerCloud communicates to Bigcommerce through an API. Follow through the steps below to generate the API Token.
- Locate the Setting icon on left.
- Select Legacy API accounts.
- Click on the Create a Legacy Account button. On the following page, an API Path and Token will display.
- Enter a User-name for the API.
- Save your settings.
Now enter the API credentials in SellerCloud.
- Navigate Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Website.
- Select General from the sub-menu.
- From the Store Type drop down menu select Custom. This will reveal a Store Plugin drop down.
- Select the Bigcommerce Plugin from the Plugin drop down. (If the plug in is not on the server, you can get it from SellerCloud Development. Then go to the server and navigate to HTTP > wwwroot > CoreWebAdmin > Plugins > WebsiteCart and drop the plug in that folder. If the client doesn't have access to server, the plugin can be placed on the server by SellerCloud Support.)
- Save your Settings.You can come back later to turn on the automatic feeds and set defaults.
- Go back to the ToolBox > Website.
- Select SellerCloud Plug-In Website. Click on it and select Website Cart General from the sub-menu. The Bigcommerce plugin will be selected in the dropdown.
- Enter the following Bigcommerce information into the corresponding fields.
Enable Authentication.Open the action menu and select Test Settings and click GO.Enable the following setting where applicable:
- Website URL = API Path
- Username = API username (not the regular Big Commerce login credentials.)
- API Password = API Token
After your credentials have been verified, save your settings.
- Enable List Price - This will send the List Price (MSRP) with a strikethrough.
- Enable Brand Creation - Brands are required to be set on Bigcommerce when listing a product. If the brand is not in Bigcommerce, this setting will create it there at the time of the post.
- Enable Active Listing - This should be enabled. It downloads the active listing reports and enables SellerCoud to match against it for inventory updates.
- Active Listing Update Always - If enabled, it bypasses the active listings check and updates inventory of all products.
- Enable Custom Column Update For Products - Custom columns will be sent to the "Other Details" section when posting a product.
- Enable Condition Update For Products - Send the condition to the website when posting a product.
- Enable Matrix Option Image - checks if N-Matrix Image is available. If not available, or if option is disabled, a child product's main description image is used.
- Query Order Payment Status - Will check orders that are in SellerCloud that are marked as "No Payment" or "Authorized", and will query the orders status from the Website
- Enable Product Sort Order Update - When enabled will send matrix variations as they are ordered on the matrix page.
The next step is to download BigCommerce categories. Big Commerce does provide default categories, but typically the customer creates unique categories. These categories should have already been created on Big Commerce.
- Navigate back to Navigate Settings > Company Settings > ToolBox > Website > SellerCloud Plug-In Website.
- Select Website Cart Categories from the sub menu. The Big Commerce plugin should be auto selected in the drop down.
- Press the Re-Download Categories hyperlink and the categories should display on the page and also on each product's Website Properties page.
- Categories are required in order to post products to Big Commerce. You can select categories on the Website properties page, or with a bulk update using the column header Categories.
If email id is blank, system will enter BIGCOMMERCE-[ORDERID]@sellercloud.com