The Walmart Drop Ship Vendor program operates as a fulfillment channel, where the merchant dropships the order for Walmart. This means that Walmart will buy products from merchants and market them online at walmart.com. Orders will be forwarded to the merchant. The merchant then ships it to the customer with a Walmart packing slip.
Apply to sell on walmart.com here
. Press on the walmart.com tab on the nav bar.
What You Need to Integrate and Sell on Walmart
Seller Account with Walmart - Walmart purchases products through dedicated buyers, so you need to contact Walmart to become an approved seller and establish a connection with a buyer. You would submit a catalog file to the buyer, who then decides what to purchase and negotiates a price. Similar to other fulfillment channels, you do not post items to Walmart from Sellercloud. Rather, SellerCloud is utilized for inventory and order management.
- Seller account with Walmart Drop Ship Vendor.
- CommerceHub account.
- Test EDI documents.
- Walmart invoice plugin. Read more here.
- Configure Walmart Settings. Read more here.
- Configure Walmart Shipping Method Mapping. Read more here.
- Update product with Walmart Properties. Read more here.
CommerceHub Account - To integrate with Walmart, you need to open an account with CommerceHub.com, the management software used by Walmart for EDI document transmission. You will be assigned a Partner Setup Specialist who will work with SellerCloud Support to integrate your account and get you live on Walmart.
The following EDI documents are employed for Walmart integration. Each document needs to be tested with the Partner Setup Specialist before you can go live with Walmart.
- 850 Order Download - Purchase order document from Walmart. Contains customer order info.
- 997 Order Functional Acknowledgement - Acknowledges receipt of order.
- 855 Order Accept - Sends to Walmart one of two messages. Either that the order has been received and will be shipped, or the order has been rejected and is being cancelled. Document is sent immediately in response to the 850 order file received. Client setting Auto accept or reject Walmart orders based on inventory will auto send a cancellation notice if there not enough inventory available to fill order.
- 855 Order Release - advises Walmart that the item has been pulled and to expect a ship notice soon. Document is sent just before sending the 856 shipping notification.
- 856 Order Fulfillment Upload - Notifies Walmart of shipping and provides shipping date/time and tracking
- 846 Inventory Upload - Updates inventory
Transmission of EDI Documents
CommerceHub will designate a "Walmart mailbox" for your documents and provide SellerCloud Support with mailbox identifiers. Another mailbox will be set up on the SellerCloud end by Support. The CommerceHub software acts as a courier between the two mailboxes. The transmission process works as follows:
- SellerCloud to Walmart
- SellerCloud uploads documents to a VAN Mailbox (Liason).
- CommerceHub pull the documents and deliverers them to Walmart's mailbox.
- Walmart to SellerCloud
- Walmart sends documents to their mailbox.
- CommerceHub picks up the documents and delivers it to SellerCloud's VAN.
- Documents are automatically downloaded into SellerCloud.