If you will be unable to process orders for an extended period of time, for example, if you are going on vacation, you have the option of setting your channel account to vacation mode. This action needs to be applied on the actual channel account, like Seller Central. Click on the links below for instruction on how to set your accounts to vacation mode. Applying a vacation mode will prevent your items from being purchased or even viewed.
- Amazon Vacation Mode
- If you want want to allow buyers to purchase from your Amazon account while temporarily delaying the required fulfillment time, you can use the Global Fulfillment Latency option on the Amazon Setting page.
- eBay Vacation Mode
- Similarly for eBay you can update the Max Dispatch Time for all you eBay listings. Read how to bulk edit eBay listings, including Max Dispatch time, here.
- Buy.com (Raketun) Vacation Mode
- Sears Vacation Mode - The quickest way to remove your listings from Sears.com in the event of your business being temporarily closed is to set the inventory to 0 for all items.
- Unchecking the "Sears Enabled" on a product's Sears properties page.
- With bulk file upload, use column header SearsEnabled with value FALSE.
- In bulk from Manage Inventory page - select products > Enable/Disable for channel on action menu > Go > select Sears and Disable > Continue.
- Walmart Vacation Mode - In your Seller Center set "Additional Days Off" for all the days that your office is closed.
- Jet Vacation Mode - If a retailer would like to put their account into “Vacation Mode”, they will need to reach out to Jet to temporarily turn off their account. Then, when they are ready to be turned back on, they will need to reach out once again. Unfortunately, there is no way to complete this action on the API end or within the Partner Portal.
- For other channels - Check with channel if they have a vacation mode option.
- Alternatively, you can raise the default safety qty on each channel's settings page. Raising it above your inventory level will send a zero qty to the channel.
- Or you can raise the lead time ship. That will allow the customer to purchase, while knowing that it will take some time to receive the item. A default fulfillment latency field can typically be found and adjusted on the channels' respective settings pages.