NetSuite Order Export
- Create a custom column on order named NSExported.
- Create a custom column on order named NetSuiteOrderID.
When creating a saved search for the NS orders to be exported, you will need to check for orders that are NOT yet NSExported. (The plugin also does a check to be sure before exporting) The SC order will be exported with the following in Netsuite:
- This will store the TranID of the Netsuite order in NS, so we can access this later on (in the tracking export etc)
When the order exports successfully, it’ll add an order note to the order with the internal ID of this order in NS.
- Customer (this will be based on the channel and company– see below for custom company settings)
- TimeOfOrder as transaction date
- OrderSourceOrderID as the reference number in NS
- OrderID as the externalid
- Status as pending fulfillment
- Billing address of the NS customer. If that is not found, billing address on the order
- Shipping address
- Username as email
- Each item with qty. If a product is not found in NS, this order will not get created
- Shipping Total as an order item if there is a custom setting defined for this (see below)
- Discount Total as an order item if there is a custom setting defined for this (see below)
Custom Company Settings
If there is a shipping charge or a discount on an order, the way this is recorded on the NetSuite order, is by adding an “item” that reflects this – with the amount being the corresponding charge/discount.
The first 6 settings need to be set up for the DEFAULT company only:
- NetSuiteService_AccountID – NetSuite account ID. This can be found under Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences.
- NetSuiteService_Username – login username (email)
- NetSuiteService_Password – login password
- NetSuiteService_UserRoleID – the role id of the user (needs to be an admin or full access role)
- NetSuite_ShippingItemID – to add to order items for shipping charge. The ID would be the actual shipping itemid in NetSuite.
- NetSuite_PromotionItemID – to add to order items for discount. (The discount will be added to NS as the negative number. Ex: if the discount is $10, the discount item in NS would be for $-10). The ID would be the actual promotion itemid in NetSuite.
- A custom setting for every channel under each company that is getting exported to NetSuite in the following format: NetSuiteCustomer_ChannelName. See below.
- When exporting an order into NS, the plug-in looks for the NS customer that corresponds to the CHANNEL of the order, and this will be customer on the order in Netsuite.
- To map SC channels to NS customers, you will need to set up a custom setting for each company/channel that will need to be exported into NS.
- Ex: NetSuiteCustomer_Target
- The value should be the corresponding CustomerID in NetSuite.
- Be sure that the channel name is spelled correctly, and case sensitive. Check the spelling of the channel from the Channel filter on the Manage Orders page.
Using the Netsuite Order Export Plugin
Set up a scheduled task
for Order Export. Select the NetSuite Order Export plugin on the task. The orders will be exported via API so leave the "Export To" option at None.