Amazon FBA is an Amazon service where merchants not only sell on Amazon marketplace, but also have their orders fulfilled through Amazon. Merchants ship their inventory to Amazon Fulfillment centers, and as orders are placed on Amazon, FBA will pick, pack, and ship the items with no intervention needed from the seller. With FBA multi-channel fulfillment program, Amazon will even fulfill orders placed on another marketplace. There are many benefits of selling through FBA, free 2 Day shipping for FBA orders. Amazon assumes all customer service related issues, included delivery and returns. Read more FBA benefits here
To download FBA orders automatically into SellerCloud, enable the Allow FBA Orders option on the Amazon General Settings page.
How SellerCloud works with FBA
- SellerCloud looks at FBA as if it were a separate channel from Amazon Merchant Fulfilled. SellerCloud downloads FBA orders under an FBA channel. Orders details like FBA and shipping costs, as well as tracking numbers, are noted on the order.
- Products must be marked as Amazon Fulfilled and require an FNSKU before they can be shipped to an Amazon Fulfillment center.
- An FBA warehouse and an Interim Warehouse are required for FBA inventory. Received inventory at FBA will display in the FBA warehouse. Inventory of inbound shipments to FBA will be stored in the Interim Warehouse. The interim warehouse should be Unsellable. The FBA warehouse does not have to be sellable unless you wwnt inventory to be available for Ship via FBA. See below - 8.
- Navigate Company Settings > Toolbox > Channel Warehouse. Select the FBA warehouse in the drop down next to the FBA channel. This limits inventory reduction of FBA orders to the FBA warehouse.
- Inventory reports updates inventory in the FBA warehouse approx. every 6 hours,but you can retrieve the current inventory of any FBA item. Go to the Amazon Properties page and click Check Amazon FBA Inventory.
- FBA orders will not trigger automatic emails, like order welcomes or shipping confirmations. Typically, SellerCloud only receives the FBA Orders Report after the item has already been shipped to the customer.
- You can send inventory to Amazon Fulfillment Center by creating an FBA
Inbound Shipment from within SellerCloud.
- Orders placed on other marketplace can be fulfilled by Amazon through the Ship via FBA.