Item specifics enables sellers to highlight important details
about the item listing. Item specifics are displayed within your listing's
description, giving buyers information about the listing in an easy-to-read
Important Note: As of July 20, 2011 listings in the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories categories, must include the following Item specifics: Brand, Style, Size Type, and Size. Read more about required eBay Item specifics here.
Setting eBay Item Specifics:
- Inventory > Select product > Toolbox > eBay Properties page.
- Click on the Item Specifics tab. eBay provides predetermined Item Specifics fields based on the
eBay category you selected for the product. So while a camera category has one
set of item specifics, food categories, like tea, will have a very different
set of specifics.
- Select an item specific from the drop downs. If a particular value is
not in the drop down, select Other and enter the value in the blank
field here. Item specifics are optional for most categories, so complete the item specifics as
- To add multiple values to a single item specific, separate the values with a semicolon ; (For example, iPhone 5; 5c; 5s; 6)
- If there is an item specific field not provided by eBay you can add the field under the Custom Specifics radio button.
Click Save and the item specifics will display in the grid to the right
where you can manage them.Enter the name of the custom specific field you
want to add and its value. Then save the custom specific.After posting the product to eBay, the item specifics you
selected will display in the product description.
- If the item has an ASIN on it in the Amazon Properties page, you can attempt to import Amazon product attributes, which are formatted like eBay Item Specifics. Press the Use Amazon Attributes button (on the Manage Specific page) and SellerCloud will pull the Amazon Product Attributes directly from Amazon as Custom Specifics.
- This can be done in bulk from the Manage Inventory page. Client setting "Enable convert Amazon attributes to Product Specific". When enabled there will be a new action in the Manage Inventory Menu Convert Amazon Attributes to Product Specific.
To import eBay Item specifics in bulk to update
The workflow below is the easiest approach to add item specifics to multiple products.
- On the Manage Inventory page, search for products which have the same eBay category. The simplest way to do this is to change over to eBay Mode. Then, a filter will display for eBay category. Enter the numerical category ID, Press Search.
- Select the products and select Export Products Specific Template (Multi Format). Press Go.
- The exported template will have each product in a row, with column for all item specifics. You can also add your own columns with custom specifics.
- Populate the columns with values as desired.
- Save the file.
- Go to Inventory Menu > Import Product Info.
- Select Import Product Specifics.
- Select file type Excel and select Multi Product as the format.
- Choose your saved file click the Import Product Specifics
button. The values on the file will import into the products.
To include the Item Specifics into
your eBay Description Template, use the placeholder #?ProductSpecifications?#.
Automatically Setting eBay Item Specifics:
- The Manufacturer SKU (Model Number) will always be sent as an item specific MPN.
- Client setting to send the Manufacture Name as and item specific when listing on eBay.
- You can also globally map any SellerCloud Product attribute field to an eBay Item Specific field. The value that is populated in the SellerCloud field will automatically post to eBay as an Item Specific.
- Settings > eBay Global Item Specs
- Select the properties table from the drop down under which the attribute field is located.
- In the blank field next to the SellerCloud column enter the eBay Item Spec Name and save.
- The value populating the SellerCloud field will automatically list as an Item Specific.