Product Group feature groups products together. One purpose of
grouping is to manage your inventory to determine, for example, which item in a group of similar products sell more quickly. Another important purpose is to
be able to easily launch auction campaigns of similar products on eBay. Read
more on launching to eBay with product groups here.
1) Create Group
- Navigate Inventory > Product Groups.
- Enter a name in the New Group Name field and press Create Group.
- Press the Search button to display your groups.
2) Add Products to Group
- Click on the group to edit it and add products to the group.
- Use the search tool to search and add products to the group. Products must be from the same company.
Add Products to Group from Manage Inventory Page
- Alternatively, you can select products on the Manage Inventory page to be included in a product group. Products must be from the same company.
- Select Add To Product
Group on the Action Menu and press Go.
from existing group or create a new group name and click Save.
Add Products to Group in bulk with File Import
- Navigate Inventory > Import Product Info > Import Product Group.
- Download the template. It is a txt file, but should be opened in excel for easier management
- Populate the ProductID column. Populate the ProductGroupName columns with an existing product group name. The import will not create a new group.
- Be sure to save the file in a .txt format.
- Import the file on the Import Product Group page.
View Product Groups Products
and edit your product groups by navigating Inventory > Product Groups.
- Products that have been configured as Product Group Sets or Series can be managed by hovering on Inventory tab and
scrolling down to Product Groups and selecting Sets or Series from the submenu.
can search for a specific group by using the product group filter in
- You can also view product groups by
opening a product that is in a product group and selecting Product
Group from the toolbox. This will show all groups in which the
product is included.