The Bulk Update Product Log records changes to product attributes that have been updated with a file import. properties that are updated o the interface are not logged here, but they are recorder in the products history page along with changes made through a file import.
Please note that inventory updates with a file import are recorded in the Warehouse Inventory Update Log located under the Settings tab. .
- The log displays the products in the file and their original values and new values. For example - Product X price change from $10 (original) to $12 (new).
- Its also displays errors. For example, if a column header was entered incorrectly, an error message will display "Column does not exist".
- The imported file can be downloaded for review and correction if necessary.
- The products updated in the file can be viewed on the manage inventory page for posting to channels.
The bulk update log can be access in 3 ways:
- On the queued job of the file import. Press on the link View Bulk Update Log.
- On Inventory tab menu, press Bulk Update Product Log. The grid will display all product bulk updates, searchable by product ID, log ID and date. Press an ID to open.
- On the Bulk update product page, press View Bulk Update Log.The grid will display all product bulk updates, searchable by product ID, log ID and date. Press an ID to open.
The original file can be downloaded in 2 ways:
- On the bulk update log page. Action Menu > Download original file.
- On queued job page, click the Input File link.
The updated products can be loaded on the the Manage inventory page from the Bulk Update Log page. Open the action menu and select View in Manage Inventory. Press Go. This is very useful for client to ready products for listing through a file import and then Launch them to the channels, which can be done in bulk through the Manage Inventory page.